Thursday, March 10, 2011

great success

Today was another wonderful day in the land of OZ. I woke up around 8:15a.m and caught breakfast before class. It's not too bad. Our college has the "best food on campus", which is nice. Fruit and vegetables for every meal! I had a hard boiled egg, toast with jam, an apple & weetabix! After breakfast, I walked over to foccacia fo' coffee for a hazelnut latte. That place is my favorite coffee place on campus. Really good. Then I had Sex, Drugs & Human Nature class at 10. Nothing has changed, it's still such a weird class. Our professor was lecturing in Cairns so we had to watch him on the projector. It's really odd, I've never had a professor that teaches on two campuses before. I tell myself every week that the class will get better, but it really doesn't. Today we discussed the drug trafficking of opium through out the world. It's interesting at times, but seems to be a waste of my time. That class has so much potential, but our professor proves no justice. After wasting 2 hours in class, I had about a 20 minute walk to my next class. We discussed natural disasters and how they would affect the social norm/groups of the human lifestyle. Would people feel obligated to commit crime because of a natural disaster? When everything is completely gone and you have nothing, would your mindset change? Perhaps, to steal in order to survive or start a war because of differences among groups? Everyone has a different viewpoint, but the general concensus our class came to was that people would act out of line/differently if a natural disaster was to occur. I agree to a certain extent. Anyway, after class I stopped by Nicolette's to say hello and slowly made my way back home. I got back, put my belongings in my room & hopped on my scooter for a ride into town. It was so fun to just drive around & explore the town more. It's nice to get a grasp on my surroundings & community. I went to the Strand & had Subway for lunch. I hate subway at home, but it's so good here. It actually IS fresh, just like they say. Fresh vegetables, actual red tomatoes. It was nice to have a little American meal for once. I finished up & had a walk around town. It's so gorgeous here. I went down to the harbor and gazed out into the horizon. I could see Magnetic Island & a gorgeous sunset between all the boats. It was nice to have some independent time to myself and do things I want to do & see. I explored around town for a bit & thought I should get home before the rain started. It was spitting on the way home, but nothing serious. I'll never drive without my sunglasses again! Such a bad idea. I got home just in time for a little skype chat with Ryan before he was going to bed. I had a 5:30 spin class that turned out to be absolutely phenomenal!! The instructor was so intense, I loved him! I'll definitely be going back. He has two sessions a week on Tuesday & Thursday evenings. He was like screaming at us the whole time, spin class boot camp! Haha. As we were spinning to the last techno song with JT yelling in our face, my laces got caught and totally ripped out of my shoe. It made my shoe so tight & it totally messed up my flow. It's all good though, I tucked them in the side of my shoe and continued on for the remaining 30 intense seconds.  Sooo, yeah. They're broken now :( Wah. Ah well, I can't wait to go back again next week! I scootered back to my college & made it just in time for dinner, a plate of marinated vegetables. It was really good. I've been working on a paper for tonight & just enjoying the night. It's the weekend for me now & I have an open day tomorrow! I'm not too sure what I'll get into, but really looking forward to Ry's arrival on sunday!! I can't believe he's actually coming here, so weird! I'm looking forward to a relaxed weekend.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment