Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Zealand, Day 7

Getting back to you all... Picking up from Day 7! (I'm currently on Day 11 so I'll do my best to remember)
April 15th... We got on the bus and headed for Kaikoura via Christchurch. We continued to bus along through out the mountains, rainforests, hills & dry/flat land. The terrain here is just mind blowing. We stopped for breakfast and lunch along the way of our journey. Karen almost had a heart attack at lunch, she ordered Fish & chips and basically wound up with a bag of salt. Not even eatable. As we drove into Kaikoura, our bus driver informed us that Kaikoura simply means, "Where the mountains meet the Sea". He was right about that. Even though the weather wasn't the best for us here, we thoroughly enjoyed. It was quite cloudy and rainy. There were huge waves crashing against the rocks, ACTUAL boulders this time. Before we were dropped off at our hotel, our driver took us to the seal colony. This was my first time seeing seals! They truly look like a fish out of water. They all looked dead, but as we got closer they wiggled around a bit. Nothing crazy, sort of weird.  They were spread amongst the rocks and grass. We headed to our hotel after a few pictures. I took a run around town then we went for Indian. I'm never ordering Indian food HOT ever again. I was crying, seriously. I used a whole thing of yogurt he brought me. This shit was waaay too hot for my liking. I mean, really... How is that enjoyable? My nose was running, I've had the whole pitcher of water by now and wouldn't be apposed to him bringing me more yogurt. My god! After we got through dinner, we headed back to our place right down the road and called it quits.

No comments:

Post a Comment