Monday, May 16, 2011

byron bay... home?!

May to-do list... Ha, that's a joke. I'm halfway through May already! I haven't updated since I got home from New Zealand, womp. News, so I just got home from Byron Bay! I loved it there. Such a cute, chill little town right on the beach. I never wanted to leave. Kay and I had a great time together, we always do. I've really missed her actually. I haven't seen her since before Christmas! Already five months ago. She brought her roommate, Em, and we all really jusy enjoyed each other's company over the long weekend. We dined out for Italian, breakfast and obviously coffee. We met up in Gold Coast, which is halfway for both of us because she's studying in Sydney, and met at the airport. We took a taxi straight to our crap hostel and went straight out for a bite to eat. We were starving! Gold coast (surfer's paradise) was a huge let down. All there is to do there is party. It was a bit cold during the day, I was soo happy we were only there for a night. We roomed with two mates from England. I told them I had family there...mistake. I guess this was an open invitation for a round of 21 questions. Geee! He was drunk too, no bueno kid. Kay and I stayed up chatting til 5a.m! It was awesome having my best friend around. The next day we had a wonderful breakfast at The Coffee Club and laid out all day until our bus came to drop us off at Byron. We all stepped out of the bus and felt immediate warmth from the sun and the people. What a place! We had a better hostel here, all 3 of us had the room to ourselves. Thank god. We really had a great time, checked in and went straight to town and the beach. The beach, literally, goes for miles and miles. I couldn't help myself but to go for a run up and down the shore at 7a.m sunday morning. The sun hit the bright blue ocean so perfectly, I could've gone forever. I really got some sun this past weekend. We went for a kayak trip early saturday morning for a few hours. We were promised to see some sort of wild life, but never did. We were suppose to get our money back if that was the case, but that never happened. I would've just laid on the beach if I knew that were going to be the case! What a chill weekend away from Townsville. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm home now, about to power through a paper this week for my pointless sex,drugs and human nature class. I got this :) One solid month to go til Muuuurica!

No comments:

Post a Comment