Thursday, June 9, 2011

Traveling lonesome


Melbourne is a really cool city. Graffiti swallows the streets and alley ways. They alley ways are not what I usually would think of though when using that word. Most all alleys have been re-done; restaurants have been added and cafes and coffee shops... very cute and cosmopolitan. The city had a nice feel to it. There were a lot of people there, but I guess I’m just not use to that coming from Townsville... middle of no where. It was awesome going somewhere completely by myself. I really enjoyed my own company in a big city. I dined at, of course, a nice Thai restaurant and sat outside. The restaurant was down one of those alley ways, art everywhere. It seemed as if I was dining in some other foreign city like Italy or something. There were lights hung above me that lit up the alley a bit, but nothing too overwhelming. I listened to a man play along with rock music as he added in his two sense on the drums. Soothing, added enjoyment to my dinner. All around, great feel for the city. It’s very safe, but absolutely freeeeezing. I spent my second day on a bus tour, believe it or not. I’m so sick of them, but it’s the only way I can get around and learn about everything. I went on a day tour that started at 7a.m and lasted well until 8p.m. I got to see the 12 Apostles!! I was so glad I got to see this. They were just so unreal. It seriously looked fake. I’m really traveling a lot more than I thought I was going to be. Always a plus! I had the perfect amount of time there, it was way too cold for me. I could see my breath and it was hailing! Not a fan. I was there for two nights, 3 days.


I just arrived to Cairns this evening. It took about 4 and a half hours to get here. I was LOVING driving. I had the music up and the windows down, jamming to oldies. It was a great ride, I didn’t even care how long it took. I felt such a relief when I started driving. What freedom!! It’s been so long. I got a pedicure tonight and had some Indian food for dinner. I checked in at my hotel, The Hotel Cairns. How original. It’s a cute place, right on the esplanade. It’s great weather up here, nice and hot. I think tomorrow is suppose to be cloudy, but I’m hoping for the best so I can go to the beach. Should be good, it’s really cute here. I like it. It’s like a smaller Townsville. I’ll keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment