Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Zealand, Day 14

Geothermal mud pools!! Karen and I spent the morning//early afternoon at Hell's Gate mud pools and spa. We got picked up at 9a.m to head straight there. It was so cool there! Before we started our mud bath, we got to walk around the geothermal mud pools that weren't for swimming. There were a lot more pools than the day before, but they smelled just as awful. After we walked around a bit, Karen and I changed into our swim suits. Brrrr! It was freezing outside, I didn't want to be in a bikini. I needed to change quick and head straight for the hot bath! I stepped in first, we both shared a bath. They were outside. It was such a crazy experience. There was mud gooshing all in between my toes. I got in and lowered into the muddy water. Yuk, I was thinking. Apparently, it's really good for your skin because it opens up all your pours 100% and gets rid of all your toxins. They use all natural products and no chemicals so that was reassuring. After soaking in the mud for 30 minutes and rubbing it all over our bodies, we had to blast ourselves with ice cold water to ensure that our pores were sealed. The cold water does that for your skin. All I could think about was getting in the hot tub afterwards so I showered off as quickly as I could! We spent about 15 more minutes in the hot tub and got out to shower off in steaming hot water and got dressed. At the gift shop, I bought a special face scrub and lotion. Our bus driver and the woman at the shop said that the white mud they have is no where else to be found in the world and all the major makeup companies are trying to buy it. I found that pretty unique. Lets hope it works! It's been proven to really even out your skin and remove any blemishes and make your skin extremely soft. I'm looking forward to using it. I hung out for the rest of the day, skyped with Ry and took a little nap while Karen went to do more Lord of The Rings things. I'm glad I stayed behind! Haha. When she got back, we went for Indian. Big surprise there! I had a glass of wine at dinner... Not the same. Now I'm spoiled with great wines! We came back, excited about sleeping in  for once and mellowed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment