Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Zealand, Day 3


Day 3: Today, we stopped around various Lakes and things. I honestly forgot to blog so I can’t remember too much now. It’s day 5 and I’m trying to blog about day 3. We left Franz Joseph to Queenstown. We left super early in the morning & did many stops along the way. This way the longest bus day so far. We stopped at a beach and Thunder Creek waterfall. We bussed our way through the rainforest and around beautiful lakes all day (Lake Wanaka being one of them). Our next stop was at a marvelous fruit and veggie store. There were fruits from all over the world! Everything was so fresh. We got a handful of fruits and went out to the garden in the backyard to enjoy an apple. What a pretty stop this was. We left shortly after making our way to a bungy jumping site. Our bus was passing heaps and heaps of wineries. I wanted to stop and wine taste so badly! What a strategic, intriquitte way for developing fine wines. The wineries have to set the grapes up so perfectly that the sun hits the grape at a certain angle for the best taste. Fascinating. We didn’t get to stop. We went straight on through to the bungy site. There was a guy on our bus that did it so our whole bus got to watch! It was my first time ever seeing that in real life. I would never want something strapped around my feet flinging me all around and dunking me in water!! No thank you. We didn’t get to Queenstown until five that night! I fell in love instantly! What a seriously amazing town.

No comments:

Post a Comment